Whitfield Welding, Inc. also offers metallurgical services to our customers, with a well-equipped laboratory located on-site at our Fasan Drive facility. Lab services include chemical analysis, sample preparation, metallography, hardness and microhardness testing and analysis by qualified personnel. Whitfield Welding maintains a relationship with the University of Windsor and over the years have worked with this institution on several research and development endeavours. We have access to their state-of-the-art Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) and Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS) X-Ray Detector as well as other specialized equipment and analysis techniques.
Our laboratory serves to continually develop and improve manufacturing process parameters for all of Whitfield Welding’s additive services, but we also provide assistance to customers in need of metallurgical testing or third-party analysis.
- SPECTRO Portable Optical Emission Spectrometer
- Iron, Aluminum, Copper and Nickel
- Starrett Portable Hardness Tester (Leeb)
- Equotip Portable Hardness Tester (Leeb)
- Struers Duramin-2 Microhardness Tester
- Vickers(HV), Knoop (HK)
Metallographic Preparation and Metallography
- Buehler Abrasive Saw
- Leco Mounting Press
- 2” Diameter Metallographic Mounts
- Buehler EcoMet Grinder Polisher
- Nikon Metallographic Microscope
- 50×, 100×, 200×, and 400×
- Clemex Vision Captiva Software