Manufacturing processes such as heavy machining, electrical discharge machining (EDM), welding and production cycles are known to induce both thermal and mechanical stresses into metals. In the case of heavy machining and or EDM, there can be an actual phase transformation at the affected surface this surface heat treatment can manifest itself in the final surface finish,especially in lens quality polishes and fine stipple textures. Whitfield Welding will thermally stress relieve and temper at the same time with our oven procedures.
- 25 metric ton crane capacity
- Ovens monitored with automation software for quality assurance
- Rockwell Testing performed before and after treatment
- Complete temperature reports provided with every job
- Ovens have a combined capacity of 160,000 lbs for stress relief – these furnaces run 24/7 for quick turnaround